Experienced California Auto Accident Attorneys
Car Accident Attorneys in Northern California and San Diego
Driving a car can quickly become dangerous and can change your life forever. Many car accidents are fatal and loved ones can be lost. When you are involved in a car accident the process can be stressful, and many do not know what to do next.
Common Questions After a Car Accident Include:
- Who is responsible for paying any medical bills after a car accident?
- What will my health insurance cover for any injuries incurred in the accident?
- Can I file a claim for any lost wages?
- Can I claim disability after an accident?
- What is the proper way to contact my employer about time off after an accident?
Our Car Accident Attorneys Can Help You Get the Compensation and Care You Deserve
Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified California car accident attorney if you have been involved in a car accident. Our team at Singleton Schreiber is dedicated to helping Californians who have been injured in a car crash.
We will analyze your claim and help you move through the legal process successfully. Let us help you get the compensation you deserve. If you or a family member has been injured or killed from a car accident, contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Singleton, Schreiber Can Help You With Legal Representation for Any Type of Car Accident
Our legal experts have years of experience in handling any type of car accident. This includes accidents caused by drunk driving, reckless driving, sleeping at the wheel, or inattentive drivers. Let us work for you to gather all of the details and determine who is responsible. We will vigorously pursue compensation, and ensure your case is handled properly. Our team is aggressive and will do what it takes to help you with medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, damages, and much more. Our drunk driving accident lawyers and car wreck attorneys will fight for you until you get every dollar you deserve.
Common Injuries for Claims at Singleton Schreiber:
- Back injuries, herniated discs, crushed vertebrae
- Whiplash or neck injuries
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Facial disfigurement, lacerations, or scarring
- Broken bones, skulls, hips
- Fractured pelvis
- Paralysis, quadriplegia, paraplegia
When you contact Singleton Schreiber we handle all aspects of your claim. Our services include helping with medical treatment and getting your car or automobile repaired. Our team will also work on your behalf and communicate directly with the insurance companies so you can heal and rest during your recovery.
Our experienced California auto accident lawyers work tirelessly to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Our Team Fights for Proper Compensation Including:
- Ongoing medical treatment
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Physical therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
Contact an Auto Attorney Today by Calling Singleton Schreiber
Our team can make a difference in your recovery both emotionally and financially. We are passionate about our work, and are committed to helping people that have sustained injuries from an accident properly recover. Take that first step towards getting your life back, and contact an experienced California car accident attorney today.
Your initial consultation is free, and there are no fees unless we recover for you. Let our car wreck attorneys work on your behalf, and get you the financial recovery you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the state of California have comparative fault, and does it apply to all car accidents?California is a pure comparative negligence state and does have comparative fault. Comparative fault allows the injured party to collect damages or compensation even if they are partially at fault for the accident. The party can be up to 99% at fault, and still have the ability to collect compensation. In other states where there is modified comparative negligence the amount of fault is capped at 50%.
- What are common misconceptions people have when in an auto accident?
When you are in a car accident most people think their insurance company will help pay for most of the damages incurred. Insurance companies typically pay as little money towards car accidents as possible. Talking to an experienced car accident attorney can help mitigate these issues with insurance companies, and help you get the compensation you deserve. Car accidents are traumatic and loved ones can be lost. Our team can ensure your case is handled properly, and we work tirelessly to get you coverage for damages, pain, and suffering.
- What is pure comparative negligence?
Pure comparative negligence is when both parties are in some way at fault for the accident. If both parties are negligent the jury can allocate fault, and this is typically done in a percentage. This gives both the plaintiff and defendant the ability to receive compensation even if they are 99% responsible. As long as your injuries were caused by someone else, or they are some portion at fault (as little as one percent) you can recover that percentage.
- Can a person recover one percent of damages in a car accident case?
Depending on the state you live in there may be limitations to damages you can recover. Once you exceed that limitation you can no longer recover any damages. In California you can recover as little as one percent for damages because California is a pure comparative negligence state. You must show that someone else was at least one percent at fault.
- What does the statute of limitations for minors mean in a personal injury case involving a car accident?
The statute of limitations is the amount of time the person involved in a car accident has to claim a personal injury lawsuit. In most cases the time period for the statute of limitations is two years beginning from the time the person is injured. If the victim is a minor, the statute of limitations is paused, and does not begin until the child turns 18 years of age. Using this example, the time period would run from your eighteenth birthday until you turn 20 years old. The reason for this law is because young victims do not have the ability to make informed decisions.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, contact Singleton Schreiber today for your free case evaluation. Don’t accept any compensation without talking to an experienced car accident attorney. Our team can ensure you receive proper care and compensation.
- What should I do if I have been involved in a car accident?
Car accidents are traumatic and can be extremely stressful or painful if you lose a loved one. Knowing what to do next or what steps to take can be helpful. At Singleton Schreiber we can perform a free claim analysis, and can provide excellent legal advice and support during this tough time. Let our experienced California car accident lawyers guide you through the legal process and make each step easier for you and your family.
- Contact 911, the Police, and Seek Medical Care Call emergency services or the police if you have been in a car accident. Seek medical care to ensure your injuries are addressed even if you think you feel fine. Gather all information that can be used as important evidence related to your case. This includes names, contact information, and pictures of the scene. Document any witnesses and gather their personal information.
- Gather Additional Documentation Document any injuries you incurred from the car accident and seek legal advice before notifying your insurance company. Do not admit fault or say that you are not injured from the accident. Make a journal or document that states when the accident occurred and include all of the details about the accident, who was involved, and how it happened. Gather medical bills or hospital and doctor records to document your injuries and visits for medical care.
- Contact an Expert Car Accident Attorney Contact an experienced car crash attorney who can help you take those important next steps and guide you through the legal process. Our team can help you contact your insurance company, and coordinate handling all of the details of your claim. At Singleton Schreiber we will make sure you are compensated for any damages or injuries incurred. Our team can help with medical bills, lost wages, and compensation for your pain and suffering.
To find out more and to receive a free claim analysis, contact Singleton Schreiber today. Let our team fight for you, and help ensure you receive proper compensation for your accident.
- Should you notify your insurance company or the police directly after the accident?
The police should be notified at the scene and you should always seek medical attention right away. Never contact your insurance company without speaking with a qualified California car crash attorney first. Our team at Singleton Schreiber can speak on your behalf and help coordinate notifying your insurance company and the California DMV. Never give a recorded statement without legal representation after a car accident.
- What can happen if I contact my insurance company and give a recorded statement without an attorney?
The sooner you can talk to an attorney after a car accident the better the process will be. If you speak without legal counsel you may have to defend what you said later on. This can cause issues or problems that you can avoid by calling our team at Singleton Schreiber first. Let our experienced car wreck attorneys handle all of the important steps after your car accident to ensure the process runs smoothly.
- Is it smart to talk to the other driver’s insurance company?
If you are asked to speak to the other driver’s insurance company always refer them to your auto accident attorney. Never speak directly to the driver’s insurance company as they can use what you say to reduce your settlement and work against your claim. Their goal is very different from your goal even if they act friendly towards you. Let Singleton Schreiber speak on your behalf, and handle any communication between insurance companies related to your claim.
- What are potential delayed symptoms I may experience after a car accident? What if I feel fine and then experience pain days later? How long after the injury can you sue for compensation?
Many times, after a car accident you may feel fine or think you have no injuries. Always seek immediate medical attention after an accident even if you feel like you can walk away. After an accident the people involved can experience delayed symptoms days or weeks later. The statute of limitations allows you to file a claim up to two years after your accident. If the injury is discovered later on, the statute of limitations allows you to file a claim up to a year from the date of your injury.
- Why should I follow medical advice after an accident? If I miss doctor’s appointments can this hurt my injury claim?
When you receive medical advice or treatment after a car accident it is always in your best interest to take care of yourself and your health. In order to recover quickly you should always attend doctor’s appointments and follow medical advice after an accident. If you decide to skip an appointment, this can be held against your case and your injuries can seem less severe. Talking with one of our experienced California car accident attorneys can provide you with guidance to ensure you follow all the necessary steps to protect your claim. We work for you and will always have your best interest in mind.
- How long is the process to resolve car accident personal injury claims?
Depending on the details of the case the time period from start to finish varies. There is no standard time table for how long it takes to resolve a personal injury case. Talking to one of our experienced car accident attorneys can ensure your case moves along smoothly, and you take the proper steps throughout the process.
- How important is having evidence and a car accident witnesses when you file a car accident case?
Conducting a proper investigation and contacting an experienced attorney can ensure you case is handled properly. When you are in a car accident any evidence gathered, and witnesses at the scene can help if liability is an issue. Our team will interview any witnesses and speak on your behalf to ensure you receive proper compensation.
- What elements of a car accident help to make your case viable and ensure you will receive proper compensation?
To ensure your case is viable there are three things that are required. Our team will work with you to make sure you have the proper elements for your case. This will help to ensure you receive a positive settlement, and you recover all damages related to your accident.
- Elements Needed To Help a Collision Case
- Liability in a case is important where you can prove someone else was at fault.
- Any injuries are needed to show you have damages and to help you receive proper compensation.
- A recovery source is needed so you have an entity to pay you for your damages. The recovery source can be an insurance company, person, or business that is capable of paying for any damages.
- Elements Needed To Help a Collision Case
- Why is it worth getting an experienced car accident attorney if the accident was not your fault? Is it smart to work with your insurance company directly without legal representation?
When you are in a car accident it is always worth enlisting the experience of a competent professional who has been in this situation before and can remain objective and unemotional, in order to ensure you receive all the compensation you deserve for your injuries. You can always go it alone, but remember working directly with insurance companies can be difficult and they are not always working on your behalf. Their goal is to pay you the least money possible, and each time you speak with them they can use your words as a statement against your case. All party statements are admissible.
When you are in a car accident it is not the best choice to represent yourself.
At Singleton Schreiber our car accident insurance lawyers are experts in our field and can help you handle your car accident claim whether you believe you are at fault or not. When you experience the stress or trauma from a car accident it is always recommended to contact a qualified lawyer to help you navigate through the claim process. We handle accidents caused by inattentive drivers, reckless driving, fatal car accidents, sleeping at the wheel, and much more. Let our team make sure you recover from any damages, and receive proper compensation.
News & Insights
- |Media Mention, Bezinga
Partner Brett Schreiber was quoted in a BezingaPro article, "New Mexico Woman Files Lawsuit Against Polaris Alleging Defective Vehicle Led to Amputation" regarding a growing safety ...
- |Media Mention, NBC7 San Diego
On April 21, 2023, Partner Brett Schreiber was featured on a news television segment for NBC7 San Diego. In the segment, "San Diego Paid $31.2M Over 5 Years to Settle Claims Involving ...
- |Media Mention, Courtroom View Network
- |Media Mention, Bloomberg Law
Uber Technologies Inc. and a California driver must face a negligence suit filed by a garbage truck worker who was injured when a passenger opened their door into the truck, a state appellate ...
- |Media Mention, The San Diego Union-Tribune
San Diego is paying out $900,000 to an 82-year-old woman whose foot and ankle were crushed in a collision with a city fire engine that ran through a red light while headed to an emergency in 2018.